Sunday, May 11, 2014

Bye Bye Red Cedar Shakes

The men set to work removing the rest of the cedar shakes.  My little superheroes jumped in on the action.  Armed with crow bars and safety goggles, they removed a good portion all by themselves.  I was a nervous wreck.  I mean.. I was sure one brother was going to accidentally clonk the other brother on the head with his crow bar.  Or one of them was going to step on a nail.  Or any other myriad of "what ifs" that could happen to them.  BUT I kept my inner maniac mommy mental madness to myself and just tried to offer some praise as they were doing a really good job. 

Without further delay, here are some pics.

{front of house}





It was a very rainy day.  This helped keep the dust down and kept the wasps away!
We found acorns behind the cedar shakes (pesky mice) and about 125 old wasp nests.  And of course 900 million stink bugs.  The stench of stink bug lingered in the air!


 
Here's a before and after of the side we worked on too.
 

 

We are removing the side porch completely.  There will just be a window there when we are done.

2 comments:

  1. It looks ... good. :) Just remember things look worse before they look better. Such great progress!

    ReplyDelete