Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bathroom Vanity

Yeah!  The bathroom vanity I ordered from Overstock.com has finally arrived.  I think it started it's journey in California, so it had a LONG way to get here. Took nearly three weeks!
Here is a picture of the vanity that is now sitting in it's cardboard/pallet box in the middle of my living room.

I am so disorganized in this house and it is driving me CRAZY every single day.  Gotta love the stack of board games on the piano.  And now we have this big box sitting right in front of the piano because it weighs 230 pounds!  The original plan was to put the vanity in the basement until we are ready for it.  But since it's so freakin' heavy...........in the living room it will stay.  Hubs and I are going to rearrange things tonight to accommodate the box.  Hoping I can keep the little superheros from crawling all over it!
Who knows how long we will live with it in this room.  First we have to figure out where we will shower/ bath once we start the bathroom remodel.  We can't really bath and shower once we get the plastering hard coat.  It takes two weeks for that stuff to cure/ dry.  And the humidity of the showers won't help.  We are thinking of buying a small corner shower to put in the basement for the sole purpose of getting clean during the bathroom remodel.  Seems like a waste of money as we only want a half bath on the 2nd floor to save space.  But maybe our plans will change and we'll put a little shower upstairs instead.  But before we can do that, we'll need to add plumbing upstairs.  And before we can do that, we'll need to rip out some walls downstairs.... YIKES, talk about a chain of events. 
Anyway, we have the vanity.  Now we just need to figure out what we'll do first.
In the meantime, cardboard box will be our decorating style.  Don't be jealous!




Here's what the space looks like now.
 

 
 



Below is a picture of the vanity that we ordered from Overstock.com. 
We chose a 48" vanity in the hopes of creating more storage.
I have lots of ideas pinned.  But not really sure what color I'll be doing in the bathroom.
I have even entertained the idea of wallpaper!  I know! 
What am I thinking? It's not like it's 1982 anymore!

  

You can check out my pinterest board here to see what I'm thinking about.
 

3 comments:

  1. Love that vanity! You will have so much storage space!! I think wallpaper sounds fun in a bathroom. Since it is a small room, would be fun to do something like wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to do wallpaper...I get so afraid of doing something and then not liking it.

      Delete
  2. I am jealous of a bathroom that fits a large vanity. Our bath and vanity are tiny. Can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete