Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Kitchen Anticipation

I can feel it.  The anticipation of a complete and working kitchen that is both functional and beautiful.  I'm giddy with excitement. Our kitchen has been in the planning phase for years, literal years, like THREE years! 
I told Mr. Windmill how lucky we are that we've had to save and wait for a kitchen.  Because I've planned FOUR different kitchens since I began my love affair with Pinterest. 

First was the cottage kitchen complete with a 
farmhouse sink and butcher block counter tops.




Then there was the industrial farmhouse style which I LOVE!



And then I discovered my more modern/ contemporary side.

The one thing all of these kitchens have in common is white cabinets.  So that was a definite for me!  

I really love each of these!  So there will be elements of all three incorporated into our kitchen.  But I had to find something that fit not just MY style but my family's style too.  We need more color and eclectic fun.  

I'm working on a post to show you what I finally came up with and how it's all going to play out.  Not being a designer, I'm hoping it won't end up looking like a train wreck...........

The cabinets and counter tops are supposed to be coming this week!  Mr. Windmill will be installing them, so we will have to work to the Weekend Warrior Music and hope to have a kitchen by Thanksgiving (fingers crossed).  Of course there will be details like flooring and trim that will have to wait.  But oh my goodness I can't wait!

Love and Blessings,
~Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment